DIY Project: Vintage Book and Mod Podge Side Tables

March 14, 2014
I was never truly happy with the original re-do of our living room side tables. I always thought they looked like something from a little girl's bedroom, so I decided to re-do the re-do with some Mod Podge and an old German version of Heidi -- I have used this book for other projects.

Because the table has a nice beveled edge around it, I didn't want to cover that part of the table with paper. So I let the pages go over the edge, but I didn't glue them down with the Mod Podge. Once the paper had dried a bit, I trimmed the random pieces of paper sticking off of the sides with a sharp X-Acto knife, and then sealed the edges with more Mod Podge. I was a little worried because there was some bubbling of the paper, but it settled quite nicely once it was dry.

After the Mod Podge had dried, I took the tables out into the garage and sprayed them with a sealer to protect them from any spills that will happen -- I say "will" because I know it's going to happen.

I am so much happier with how this project turned out, and think it is a lot more classy for our living room. I really like how it looks like the pages are just scattered on the tables and I love that I can still see some of the drawings -- I did that on purpose :)

Have a Happy Friday!

No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.