I've mentioned before that I really enjoyed writing poetry and other forms of creative writing back in my high school days. It's been a very long time since I have sat down and let my thoughts flow freely from my heart. Perhaps that is something that I should do more of this year. As I was looking through my old dossiers of writing, I was taken in by 10 More Things To Live By + 1 that I wrote in Grade 10. It must have been part of some sort of assignment that was given to us by the teacher, and I guess I really enjoyed it because this is the second one that I wrote. Anyway, it was interesting for me to look at what I thought were important things to live by when I was 15-years-old. I thought they were quite profound.
10 More Things To Live By + 1
1. Make two goals: One that takes a few days to achieve and another that takes a lifetime.
3. Drink Water. It has many good uses; the best is drinking.
4. Take time to smell the beauty of the world.
5. Don't over-work yourself. When you get really cranky it only annoys you even more.
6. Don't be anything you're not meant to be. Be comfortable with yourself.
7. Listen to others. Sometimes they have good ideas.
8. Be careful what you say. It may come back and bite you in the butt someday.
9. Travel. Get to know others and yourself.
10. Clean up after yourself. Your mother can't go everywhere with you.
11. Listen to music. It expresses feelings you sometimes can't show.